Elsie has a new toy (and she’d love your help with it,) updating your copyright, what’s available via public domain, not everyone is getting the Apple emails from Apple Podcasts, Google gives us some key insights into getting your podcast website ready for 2020, Spotify brings their own streaming ad insertion technology, how to manage new types of content on your podcast feed and what to do when you hit 300 podcasts, we got feedback on using the new MacBook Pros internal speakers, all kinds of predict the future posts about the podcasting industry, the worst email of the week and of course stats!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 2:20 PROMO 1: The Steaming Cup
- 2:43 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Guess what Elsie got? And can she find a new workflow to podcast?
- Have you changed your copyright notice? It’s your yearly reminder
- Oh! New public domain works available for podcasters to use! With a few caveats
- Not everyone is getting the Apple emails related to Apple Podcasts
- Details from Google on optimizing your website for Google Podcasts
- Issues that some podcasters are concerned about because of Spotify bringing streaming ad insertion technology to the platform
- Want to ad a new type of content to your feed? How should you number it?
- 31:04 PROMO 2: Master Your Story
- 31:57 Stacey asks about what happens when you get more than 300 episodes into your show!
- Feedback on the MacBook Pros built in speakers and Rob’s AM sound
- Non-linked to commentary on the future of podcasting
- What are the rules on using clips from films on a podcast?
- What exactly is square artwork and it’s hip to be squared
- Why podcasting needs IAB v2
- 53:38 PROMO 3: Art Ink
- Stats! Mean and median!
- Rob shares his post from The Podcast Business Journal
- And where will be going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: The Steaming Cup
- PROMO 2: Master Your Story
- PROMO 3: Art Ink
- Stacey from Diabetes Connections
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Public Domain Name 2020
- Art From 1924 Is About to Enter the Public Domain. According to Critics From 1924, Here’s the Worst of It.
- Finding public domains online
- Podcast Guidelines via Google
- Spotify Brings Ad Insertion Technology To Podcasts
- Using Film Clips in Movie Reviews – Entertainment Law Asked & Answered
- A brief explanation of “Fair Use”
- CollegeHumor laid off almost everyone because they trusted Facebook’s inflated metrics
- Podcast Movement Sessions Ep 6: Embracing Diversity in Podcasting
- Rob Walch of Libsyn talks Privacy in Podcasting, Attribution and Podcast Ethics
- Our Crystal Ball Series With Libysn’s Rob Walch
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podcast Movement Evolutions
- National Religious Broadcasters
- NAB Las Vegas
- KC Podcaster Meet-up
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE The Feed App for iOS and Android (you can send feedback straight from within the app)
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email [email protected]
- Use our SpeakPipe Page!