Apple creating podcasts to support their TV+ offerings, the Music Modernization Act, more into Google Podcasts and your podcast website, Rob’s new Facebook policies, DMCA takedown notices, geographic and user agent stats and we finish off with a discussion all about the whole Spotify is bigger than Apple Podcasts narrative out there!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 3:54 PROMO 1: Disney Chat With Pixie Dust Fan
- 4:21 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Elsie is using a cool new app called TripMode
- Go Chiefs!
- Bloomberg says that Apple is discussing making original podcasts related to programs on TV+
- A bit into Elsie’s post production
- We’re correcting something we said in the past episode about public domain recordings and we find out about the Music Modernization Act
- Do we have any suggestions on where one can look for podcasts that are looking for hosts?
- Trying to clarify more info on Google Podcasts and podcast websites
- Don’t use wav files for podcasting, use MP3s
- Rebranding a show and keeping the same feed
- Rob has a new policy about Facebook
- Rob got 7 reputation points from the Apple Podcast community from the Apple Team!
- 46:50 PROMO 2: CherryPickin’
- The issues that arise when your podcast’s name is too basic
- Congrats Jim Harold!
- Worst Email of The Week and it’s all about DMCA takedown notices
- Yep, our stats are Libsyn only shows
- 59:26 PROMO 3: Hot Flashes and Cool Topics
- Stats: geographic and and user agent stats
- Spotify, Apple Podcasts and all those articles
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: Disney Chat With Pixie Dust Fan
- PROMO 2: CherryPickin’
- PROMO 3: Hot Flashes and Cool Topics
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Apple Podcast Directory Update Issues
- Apple Plans to Bankroll Original Podcasts to Fend Off Rivals
- Apple Planning to Make Original Podcasts Promoting Its TV Shows
- Music Modernization Act
- Libsyn Supports Google’s Podcasting Strategy
- Who Offers the Fastest Podcast Hosting?
- Just What Is a Podcast, Anyway?
- Start A Podcast Series
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podcast Movement Evolutions
- National Religious Broadcasters
- NAB Las Vegas
- KC Podcaster Meet-up
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE The Feed App for iOS and Android (you can send feedback straight from within the app)
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email [email protected]
- Use our SpeakPipe Page!