Canva integration, MGM studios, Netflix, images not showing up while searching on Google for podcasts, Artwork specs (yep, again,) all kinds of Apple Podcasts stuff including a very interesting word being censored that starts with m, and this time the stats convo is all about Call Her Daddy!
Join the Libsyn Beta Community TODAY!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message voicelink.fm/thefeed. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:08 PROMO 1: Not Just Another Religion and Politics Podcast
- 3:36 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Canva integration!
- Amazon acquired MGM Studios and what that means for podcasting
- Netflix is ‘expanding’ it’s podcasting footprint
- 21:54 Voice feedback about Voicelink.fm from Neal
- How important is your description to find potential listeners?
- Why when searching on Google for podcasts, some results come out with images and some without?
- Artwork specs! Yep, we mention them again and how the wrong specs could possibly cause issues with some podcast apps updating
- 35:48 PROMO 2: I Love Kentucky
- IAB stats vs unique download stats
- Double episodes in Apple Podcasts
- 42:54 Audio feedback from Jonathan about our meet-up on shownotes! via Voicelink.fm
- Apple Podcasts, shownotes and iOS 14.6
- Good stuff about Apple supporting people with disabilities
- Apple has expanded their affiliate program to cover podcast subscriptions!
- Podcasters – hobby vs career
- Worst email of the week: how to profit from your audience
- Spotify brought downloaded podcasts to Apple Watch
- Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces!
- IAB’s survey of podcast ad revenue
- There is a word that’s being censored in Apple Podcasts as a verb, not a noun
- 1:13:35 PROMO 3: The Strokecast
- Stats EXTRA! No end of the month data yet, as when we recorded the episode it was not the end of the show
- Talking about Call Her Daddy as number 5 for Podtrac
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: Not Just Another Religion and Politics Podcast
- PROMO 2: I Love Kentucky
- PROMO 3: The Strokecast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Libsyn 5 Update! Webinar
- Amazon buys MGM for $8.45 billion
- Streaming Giant Netflix Is Expanding Its Podcasting Footprint
- Apple previews powerful software updates designed for people with disabilities
- Apple Introduces Affiliate Program for Podcasts Subscriptions
- Why A Podcast Is A ‘Hobby’ For Apple And ‘Career’ For Spotify
- Spotify brings offline listening to the Apple Watch, at last
- Spaces is here, let’s chat
- U.S. Podcast Ad Revenues Grew 19% YoY in 2020; set to exceed $1B this year and $2B by 2023
- Barstool’s ‘Call Her Daddy’ Returns To Top Five In April.
- The Call Her Daddy season finale
- DEI For Podcasters Audience Value and Growth
- Elsie will be joining the Podcasting, Seriously club in Clubhouse, come hang out with her! You can join the club to check her out on June 9 at 4 pm ET.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download The Feed App for iOS and Android
- Call 412–573–1934
- Email [email protected]
- Use our Speakpipe Page