On this episode testing the new Samson Q9U + new fancy XLR cables, Apple Podcasts stats exports and new collections, Elsie’s JRE theory was right! NAB 2022 re-cap, Higher Ground is done with Spotify, the Libsyn YouTube Channel, micro interview with the Titus podcast, and Stats – what do podcasters actually care about?
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:47 PROMO 1: Into The Woods
- 3:17 Rob and Elsie conversation
- 4:04 Testing new gear: the Samson Q9U and fancy XLR cables
- 11:50 Twitter and Elon
- 14:08 Apple Podcasts podcast export reports and very nice collections
- 18:29 Audio feedback from Podcaster Jay
- 20:57 Elsie was right about that Joe Rogan strategy
- 25:58 NAB Las Vegas update from Rob
- Calling Asian Pacific and Pacific Islander podcasters!
- 31:15 Are the Obama’s breaking up with Spotify?
- 35:34 Make sure you that your Libsyn account default setting is not set to 100
- 37:52 The Feed made the Goodpods charts!
- 40:05 Guess who has a YouTube channel?
- 41:34 The two ways people increase audience, according to Rob
- 44:15 PROMO 2: Women Amplified
- 46:20 The Libsyn office is truly remote
- 48:04 Getting your Apple Podcasts’s account live again
- 49:51 Acast closing down their podcast listening app
- 51:08 Interview segment: Titus
- 56:51 Covering some projections on podcast ad sales through 2026
- 1:01:12 PROMO 3: Experience Junkies
- 1:02:03 Stats! Discussing data on what podcasters are thinking
- 1:07:13 Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
- PROMO 1: Into The Woods
- PROMO 2: Women Amplified
- PROMO 3: Experience Junkies
- PodcasterJay from The .NET Core Show
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Samson Q9U
- Samson MBA38 Boom Arm
- Pig Hog PHM10BKW Black/White Woven High Performance XLR Microphone Cable
- MOGAMI® Cables
- New Listening Reports for subscriptions
- Introducing three new Apple Podcasts Collections: Darkside, tbh, and Popped
- Obamas to Leave Spotify, Seek Podcast Deal Elsewhere
- The Libsyn YouTube Channel
- Get Started with Advertisecast
- SOUND OFF Acast warns podcast app is shutting down for millions of users after 8 years
- Podcasts will account for more than one-fourth of digital audio ad spending
- What Are Podcasters Thinking? The Answer May Depend On How Long They’ve Been Podcasting.
- What Do Podcasters Actually Care About?
- How to build a podcast promotion strategy that works
- Make Real Money Podcasting
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download The Feed App for iOS and Android
- Call 412–573–1934
- Email [email protected]
- Use our Speakpipe Page