Breaking down how podcast apps work to provide the best experience for you to consume podcasts (the tech term, server-side crawling.) Yes, you do need to DISCLOSE if your guests are paying you to be on the podcast, valuable transcripts for your podcast, making Apple Earpods sound the best possible, the Black Podcasting Awards, The Squeeze, making money podcasting and how long does it take, why subscriber numbers is not the best metric, best practices for confirming IAB stats for potential sponsors, and stats mean and median numbers —- and congrats to the winners of the Amazon Music contest for American Football podcasts!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email thefeed[email protected], call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:46 PROMO 1: My Name is Sheba
- 3:25 Rob and Elsie conversation
- 4:15 Congrats to the winners of the Amazon Music Football promotion!
- 5:49 Helping your consume podcast apps easily and why server-side crawling is a thing
- 9:43 Releasing a 48 second update episode every day when you’re taking a hiatus 😳 🤔
- 12:38 Disclosing when you pay your guests – yes, you should do that
- 19:56 PROMO 2: A Nun’s Life
- 20:51 How exactly do podcast transcripts help with SEO?
- 27:28 What was the audio processing of Elsie’s audio on Episode 223 – audio feedback from John our editor
- 30:33 The Black Podcasting Awards
- 31:04 The Squeeze! Skye is back!
- 37:20 How do podcasters make money, and how long does it take one to take start making money from podcasting?
- 41:05 Discovering your subscriber numbers across different platforms, and is that the best metric?
- 49:21 Is there a way to confirm IAB stats to potential sponsors?
- 45:02 A bit more about IAB stats
- 50:07 PROMO 3: The Strokecast
- 50:37 Stats, mean and median numbers
- Advertisecast monthly advertising rates
- 54:12 Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Where have we been and where are we going
- The Latino Podcast Listener Report – SIGN UP!
- Podcast Movement 2022
- She Podcasts Live 2022
- Content Marketing World
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Overcast: Podcaster info
- Overcast: Privacy
- Podcast Guests Can Pay Big Money to Be on Top Shows – Bloomberg
- Disclosures 101 for Social Media Influencers
- Why Hank Green can’t quit YouTube for TikTok – The Verge
- Buy iZotope RX 9 Standard Audio Repair for Music Production | Music Editing/Production Software
- Black Podcasting Awards
- The Squeeze | Skye Pillsbury | Substack
- IAB Tech Lab Verified Podcast Statistics – Official Libsyn Blog
- 08.01.22 — AdvertiseCast July Ad Rates release
- Podcast Advertising Rates 2022
- Latino Podcast Listener Report: SIGN UP!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.