On this episode, all the Libsyn news! Libsyn’s Advertisecast expanding to Canada, and acquisition of Julep, Germany’s largest independent platform for podcast advertising! We have a new Director of Community and Content at Libsyn, and Libsyn auto-ads in the house! Follow up all on all the data from the Latino Podcast Listener Report, Apple has updated their podcast promotion tool, Audacity has a not so great update, don’t mess with Oprah, easy workflow for your podcast to YouTube, and Stats! Geographic and user agent!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:53 PROMO 1: Toward A Better Life
- 3:23 Rob and Elsie conversation
- 3:57 Advertisecast expanding into Canada with Bob Kane
- 4:39 Libsyn acquires Julep, Germany’s largest independent platform
- 11:31 Elsie and Rob break down of the Latino Podcast Listener Report 2022!
- 22:19 Guess who is the new Director of Community and Content?
- 23:53 Libsyn has Ads on Demand! Aka auto ads aka programmatic ads
- 24:58 Guess what? Apple has resolved downloads for migrated shows
- 26:30 The Apple Podcasts team has updated their podcast promotion tool
- 31:56 PROMO 2: Dr. Mary Travelbest Guide
- 33:02 There is something that you need to know about the latest update from Audacity
- 35:43 You must not mess with Oprah and podcasting
- 40:32 Workflows from recording your podcast and how to get it on YouTube
- 49:05 What if there is a duplicate copy of your show on Apple Podcasts?
- 53:04 Looks like Spotify is updated their app to separate music and podcasts in the UI
- 54:38 PROMO 3: Missing Pages
- 55:10 Stats! Geographic and user agent
- 58:16 Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Where have we been and where are we going
- The Latino Podcast Listener Report – SIGN UP!
- Podcast Movement 2022
- She Podcasts Live 2022
- Content Marketing World
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Another sign of post-pandemic podcast fatigue – Hot Pod News
- The Latino Podcast Listener Report 2022 – Edison Research
- Latino Podcast Listener Report 2022
- Multilingual Podcasters Meetup Tickets, Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 6:00 PM | Eventbrite
- Automatic Podcast Ads – Libsyn
- Resolved: downloads for migrated shows – Apple Podcasts for Creators
- Apple Podcasts Promote
- podCast411 – Learn about Podcasters and Podcasting News: The first and last word on the CBR vs VBR question.
- Oprah’s Harpo Inc. Sues Over Oprahdemics Podcast – The Hollywood Reporter
- Spotify’s new app design splits up music and podcasts – The Verge
- Meet with Elsie at Podcast Movement2022!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.