Libsyn UI update, have you checked out Libsyn Studio, and OMGosh Libsyn Connect plus all of your questions answered in an upcoming Ask Me Anything with Dave our newly minted Director of Education and Yvette our Senior Product Manager! Welcoming Taylor Kirch as director of product management.
Plus, all the Twitter alternatives, feedback on podcast artwork, what is the idea length of a podcast, rebranding and relaunching, oh that Samsung …. Dalvik stats stuff, and mean and median download numbers.
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:40 PROMO 1: Business Strategy (For Weenie ADHDprenerus)
- 3:12 Rob and Elsie conversation
- 4:08 All the Libsyn updates! UI
- 5:14 Libsyn Studio
- 6:06 Libsyn Connect
- 8:28 Hey! We have an AMA with Yvette and Dave
- 9:58 Taylor Kirch is our new director of product management!
- 10:44 Updates on all the new Twitter options: Post and Hive
- Thoughts on podcasters leaving Twitter
- 19:20 Streamyard now has local recordings for their plans
- 25:26 The artwork breakdown! (you can watch the YouTube channel)
- 26:50 Back Look Cinema
- 31:12 Fit Fizz Podcast
- 32:20 The Language of Bromance
- 33:57 Route 66 Podcast
- 36:59 Mics that we use to podcast on the go
- 40:08 PROMO 2: Flowers for the Culture
- 40:46 What is the ideal length for a podcast?
- 42:00 Optimizing your shownotes when copy/pasting
- 44:03 Best practices for rebranding and relaunching existing podcasts
- 47:22 A message from Mike Russell
- 49:28 How much to charge for ads, feed drops, etc
- 52:30 Podcast listening is good for your mental health
- 55:41 Is listening to podcasts better than watching them?
- 56:31 Dalvik – Samsung spike of downloads, what happened and how it was resolved
- 1:00:42 PROMO 3: Telehell
- 1:01: 32 Stats mean and median numbers
- 1:03:15 Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
- PROMO 1: Business Strategy (For Weenie ADHDprenerus)
- PROMO 2: Flowers For The Culture
- PROMO 3: Telehell
Where have we been and where are we going
- Mic Basics — How To Make Your Voice Sound Amazing! – YouTube
- Schedule | PODFEST EXPO
- Podcaster & Podcast Industry Conference – Podcast Movement Evolutions | Las Vegas 2023
- 2023 NAB Show
- She Podcasts LIVE 2022 • She Podcasts
- The Podcast Show
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Episode 232 – Google Docs
- Ask Me Anything W/ Dave Jackson & Yvette Menase – Crowdcast
- Libsyn appoints ex-SiriusXM executive to drive product development across integrated platform
- Home / Post.
- Your Profile / Post.
- Hive Social
- Mike Russell Audio Rescue – Libsyn
- Ecamm Live – Powerful Live Streaming Platform for Mac
- Local Recording – StreamYard Help Center
- 📹 Video in podcasting and what to do about it? 💡
- A Movie & Entertainment Podcast | The Back Look Cinema Podcast with Zach & Zo
- Homepage – What You Will Learn
- listening SUPERPOWER podcast
- The Author Inside You
- Podcast – FitFizz
- Language of Bromance Podcast
- Route 66 Podcast – Talks with people living and working along The Mother Road
- Listening to podcasts may help satisfy our psychological need for social connection, study finds
- Why people listen: Motivations and outcomes of podcast listening | PLOS ONE
- Samson — Q2U Recording and Podcasting Pack
- MV88+ Video Kit – Stereo Condenser Microphone – Shure USA
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.