A round-up of soooo many things! Podcast Movement recap, including the Fireside Chat partnership, all kinds up updates from Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Audacity, Glow.FM part of Spotify Open Access partnership program and Facebook starts emailing podcasters to add their shows, acknowledging unexpected consequences and of course stats! Mean and median numbers!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message voicelink.fm/thefeed. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:44 PROMO 1: StarGirl
- Rob and Elsie conversation
- Skype version 220.127.116.11! And we’re recording as a back up!
- Recap of the Fireside announcement at Podcast Movement
- Apple Podcasts update of iOS 14.7
- An email from Apple Podcasts sharing all the new analytics
- It seems that Apple Podcasts have been approving new shows in less than one hour
- Google Podcasts update! New requirements for recommendation
- Audacity released their new update 3.0.3
- Trevor Moore was killed in a tragic accident
- Clarification of character limits for shownotes on Apple Podcasts
- PROMO 2: The Andy Brandon Show
- Glow.FM is a part of the Spotify Open Access partnership program
- Podcast completion rates percentages
- Podmatch acquired Poddit
- Tunein and iHeartMedia partnered on a strategic technology and content distribution deal
- 8 questions with a successful podcaster
- Data on content entrepreneurship
- Recap of Rob’s session at Podcast Movement
- PROMO 3: My Modern Met
- Stats! Mean and median numbers
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Liberated Syndication Announces Partnership With Fireside
- What’s new for Apple Podcasts with iOS 14.7
- Audacity Release Notes 3.0.3
- Trevor Moore, comedian and co-founder of The Whitest Kids U Know, dead at 41
- Glow.fm Announced as a Spotify Open Access Partner
- The Feed on the Libsyn Podcast Page
- PodMatch Purchases Poddit.net to Expand Userbase
- 8 Questions With a Successful Podcaster
- New Research: The Creator Economy Is Driven by the Content Entrepreneur
- The Life-Changing Power of Podcasts with Elsie Escobar – YouTube
- The Life-Changing Power of Podcasts with Elsie Escobar – Audio
- Podcast Advertising: What You Need to Know?
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.