On this episode, Libsyn debuts automatic ads, Apple Podcasts new charts, and updates to RSS feed requirements for 2023. A scary good story, new Amazon Music contest! The Podcast archiver app, promoting a podcast without an RSS feed? Elsie’s experience with the Shure MV88+ at Podcast Movement, a podcasting and YouTube discussion and Twitter is in the podcasting game plus of course, stats mean and median numbers
🎟 She Podcasts Live 2022Use coupon code elsie for $200 off!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:04 PROMO 1: The Rings Of Power Podcast: Tales from Middle Earth
- 3:35 Rob and Elsie conversation
- New iPhones are on their way
- 6:41 Libsyn debuts automatic ads!
- 11:24 Apple Podcasts has just launched two new charts
- 15:33 Apple Podcasts technical updates for hosting providers
- 21:34 Amazon Music feature contest! This time it’s focusing on scary podcasts 👻
- 25:06 PROMO 2: Youth Worker on Fire
- 25:54 A cool tool called “Podcast Archiver” for Mac
- 28:02 How can I promote my podcast without an RSS feed?
- Rob has some numbers on podcast directories!
- 32:26 Elsie used the Shure MV88+ at Podcast Movement
- 41:01 Feedback on new USB audio interfaces
- 44:01 Should you release an episode during a holiday?
- 45:05 How much does the average podcast host make in the US?
- 55:33 YouTube is getting into Podcasting
- 1:02:32 Twitter is getting into podcasting
- 1:07:50 PROMO 3: The Relaxed male
- 1:09:04 Stats, mean and median
- 1:11:06 Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
- PROMO 1: The Rings Of Power Podcast: Tales from Middle Earth
- PROMO 2: Youth Worker on Fire
- PROMO 3: The Relaxed Male
Where have we been and where are we going
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- She Podcasts LIVE 2022 • She Podcasts
- IAB Tech Lab Verified Podcast Statistics – Official Libsyn Blog
- Understand the Difference Between IAB and Unique Downloads – Libsyn 5
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Podcast Download Stats & What They Mean for Podcasters – YouTube
- Libsyn Debuts Automatic Ads Solution and Surpasses $50M in Advertising Earnings for Podcasters
- Introducing new Apple Podcasts Charts – Apple Podcasts for Creators
- Technical updates for hosting providers – Apple Podcasts for Creators
- Podcast Archiver on the Mac App Store
- | ZOOM
- Vocaster Two | Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
- BSP-316: YouTube is Taking Over Podcasting, Recording in a Closet — Bandrew Scott
- Listen up: Podcasts are coming to Twitter
- Multilingual Podcasters Meetup Tickets, Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 6:00 PM | Eventbrite
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.