All the deets of the New Libsyn release, including, dark mode, text snippets and OMGosh social media publishing, where did the Apple summary tag go? Video gear updates, Podcash, how to get the best audience stats, geographic and user agent stats!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:54 PROMO 1: Use of Force
- 3:23 Rob and Elsie conversation
- The snow came! And did all kinds of things!
- 7:03 The New Libsyn! What we released!
- No new user name or password need and there are no additional fees
- If you need to go back, you can by logging in to Libsyn 4
- Dark mode! Canva integration! Text snippets! Fancy stats! The player!
- 18:46 the new social media publishing
- 26:28 Supporting the Podcast 2.0 Namespace through the locked tag
- Permalink, and podcast page updates
- 32:05 sign up page updates! No. More. Slugs.
- 34:44 The Apple Summary field was removed and why
- More advertising tools added to Libsyn 5
- 37:14 Elsie’s turning 50 and she’s buying video gear to celebrate
- Talking about Podcash and what do folks have to do when they win?
- 45:34 Promo 2: The Strokecast
- 46:19 Where can one get the best listener downloads?
- Breaking down server side and client side stats
- 49:06 Where can we find the Instagram Reels webinar (and all the other ones?)
- Best practices for adding meta data for guests on your podcast
- Looking back to stats, and why there aren’t IAB stats before July 2019?
- 55:32 Promo 3: Educational Duct Tape Podcast
- 56:05 Stats: Geographic and user agent
- Facebook responds to pre-loading and IAB stats
- Where have we been and where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Welcome To The New Libsyn
- If you want Libsyn 4, go here and bookmark! Four.libsyn.com
- Sony Alpha ZV-E10
- eCamm Live
- The Reels Webinar
- Follow Libsyn on Crowdcast for all upcoming webinars
- The Libsyn YouTube Channel – subscribe!
- TikTok and growing your podcast webinar
- Welcome to the New Libsyn Webinar
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.