On this episode, 4 ways to optimize your request for Apple Podcasts promotion! A Rob soapbox like you’ve never head before! Best practices for opening each episode, the optimal way to treat mouth noises, a bit on chapter marks, the Podcast Hall of Fame is back, geographic stats and the latest acquisitions in podcasting!
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEBINAR ALL ABOUT LAUNCHING YOUR PODCAST!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:36 PROMO 1: The Uncanny Robot
- 4:04Rob and Elsie conversation
- A soapbox about censorship – it is an art piece 😏
- 5:35A play by play on what Apple Podcasts needs to feature your show!
- Wanting to be featured is never a reason to be featured
- 30:51 PROMO 2: Midlife Moxie
- The Ambies has announced their nominees!
- 32:18 The best practices in podcast openings
- 34:20 Mouth noises feedback via Steve Stewart
- 37:11 Apple Podcasts and chapter marks
- It looks like Facebook Groups now have audio groups kind of like Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces!
- An amazing charity live stream from the Trek Geeks
- The Podcast Hall of Fame Inductees have been announced!
- Sending an embed code link to a webmaster without having to refresh every episode
- A podcasting competition from Vanderbilt University
- The reality of getting a large share of the podcast market
- 54:07 PROMO 3: Mongabay Explores
- 55:10 Stats: geographic!
- Where have we been, where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Four ways to optimize your request for Apple Podcasts promotion
- Apple Podcasts Promotion Request – form
- Spotify snaps up podcast measurement and analytics firms Podsights and Chartable
- Awards: Washington Post’s ‘Post Reports’ Podcast Leads With 4 Nominations
- RX 9 The industry standard for audio repair
- Using chapters on Apple Podcasts
- Twila Dang from Matriarch Digital Media
- Podcast Movement & Presenting Sponsor Libsyn Reveal the 2022 Podcast Hall of Fame Inductees
- Excellence in Podcasting Competition underway; students invited to submit applications by April 1
- WEBINAR: Launching your podcast in 2022
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.